Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm on my way!

I'm writing this from the Dallas airport. Monday the 28th I went to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho to meet with my team at Bryon's house. We had some team devotional time, some wonderful food courtesy of Bryon's mom, and some preparation to leave. I am currently short 155/month and $336 one-time, but Amber had enough excess to at least cover my expenses for now so that I could go! God has once again shown his faithfulness and his awesome provision just over the last few days. I am both relieved and excited to finally be going!

We had an awesome send-off from last year's Mérida STINT team, and despite some itinerary and almost missing item troubles (we had to reroute from Miami to Dallas because of the storms, and one of my teammates left a purse on the plane which was thankfully picked up and left at the gate rather than flown away), we will be in Caracas at around 8 pm (5 pm pacific coast time). We'll be heading to Mérida tomorrow at about 2 pm. Further updates and my first official newsletter will be coming within the week.

No comments: